7 Tips to keep mosquitoes out during a Dengue epidemic
As the epidemic of dengue continues to spread in the country, it has become imperative to take preventive measures in order to avoid the breeding of mosquitoes around your home and neighbourhood. Dengue is caused by female Aedesaegypti mosquitoes who tend to bite during the daytime. The outbreak of Dengue is termed as the largest in the last five years and while the govt. is taking efforts to keep mosquitoes at bay, there are some simple things we can do on our part to avoid breeding of these dangerous insects.
- Empty Buckets – Remember to turn over all empty buckets in the house so that they don’t collect extra water. If you must store water in a bucket or pail, make sure to cover it properly. Also, keep your mugs in bathrooms and glasses in the kitchen absolutely dry.
- Watch Flower Pots – Remove all plates or containers below your flower pots that may accommodate excess water. Try not to over-water your plants and clean out all empty pots. Water plants just once in 2-3 days during the monsoons.
- Regular Cleaning – Dengue causing mosquitoes generally breed in dark places and corners around the home. Clean out all the junk lying out your corners or store rooms and spray mosquito repellents regularly.
- Cooler Care – If you have a cooler around your home, make sure to clean the water tray regularly, even if you aren’t using the coolers on a daily basis.
- Cover Dustbins– Remember to always cover your dustbins as open baskets are an invitation to mosquitoes and flies for breeding around your home.
- Use Mosquito Nets or Screens – Especially if you have babies or small children in the house, it is a good idea to invest in the classic mosquito net. You can also add wire mesh or screens in the windows to minimize the entry of mosquitoes in your home. But be sure that they are free of holes or else the purpose of avoiding mosquitoes won’t be fulfilled.
- Keep Yourself Mosquito Free – Apply mosquito repellent on your body and wear protective clothing in order to avoid getting a mosquito bite. Remember that you can never be too careful during a dengue epidemic and thus, you must be well-prepared at all times.
Staying in hygienic conditions, preventing water stagnation and covering yourself as much as possible will help keep dengue mosquitoes at bay!
For home cleaning services at affordable prices, visit: https://www.homesevak.com/
You Can See our clients feedback What You Say?
“Very professional team and work really neat.Makes home absolutely new.Takes care of hygiene as well.”
“The person gave his full time and focus and did the fabulous job in cleaning the bathrooms. They are looking fresh and new. Thank you for your services.”
“Got kitchen cleaning done and the result was great.....all dust and oily stains were well removed and I got a spic & span kitchen. Thank you guys. Shall definitely avail the services again”
“Beautiful experience, 3 people had come who were very well trained, thy were fast and professional wth thr work. I must say also what thy charged me was less then others. 10 on 10 from me... Keep up the good work.. 👍”
“Excellent work!! Superb service!! My house is sparkling from every nook & corner. Extremely happy and more than satisfied with the service. Thank you Home Sevak.”
“Awesome service. Ram prasad was came for kitchen cleaning and I just can't stop admiring his dedication and effort he has put to clean. After the service it has been changed completely like black to white.”
“Online service.... ARE YOU kidding me...that was first reaction. .. But it was an awesome experience. The workers were well behaved. They did the work very professionally. The whole house looked like new. Thank you so much.”
“I was little sceptical about hiring an online service for the first time. But i must say it was an awesome experience. The workers were well behaved. They did the work very professionally. The whole house looked like new. I would recommend home sevaks to all my friends too.”
“Had a great experience with them while getting a deep clean service done for a house I had just moved into. They are thoroughly professional and their attention to detail is praise worthy. Will definitely recommend them to anyone who needs a professional cleaning of home/commercial establishment.”
“I was shifting houses leaving own and moving to own one. Only concern I had was cleanliness before I move to my old home. Although my tenants left it clean enough, Home Sevak didn't fail to amaze me with the results. Besides the service, courtesy of staff is of international standards. It's actually comparable to hospitality industry.”